Sunday, October 31, 2010

Coffee is Kicking Some Sense Into Me

I really don't know where my dislike of Halloween started , I used to dress up as a kid and loved it.My wife reminded me that I dressed up in the early days of our relationship as well. I do secretly enjoy watching the kids get ready for Halloween, but what bothers me is the adults dressing up. I really don't know why.

Whatever the reason , I was reminded by something I tell my kids all the time. Sometimes in life you you have to do things that you don't want to do. There is no sense complaining about it , because complaining about it only makes it worse for you and the people around you.So I will bundle up tonight and  take my kids trick or treating and I will most likely enjoy it .

This is not a Scrooge on Christmas morning moment, I am not waking up this morning after 3 ghosts visited me last night and now will keep the spirit of Halloween in my heart. I still don't like it. It is not about me though. I look into my kids eyes and see the excitement and it reminds me of the excitement that I felt long ago for this holiday .

Everyone please have a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment