Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

What I Would've Done.......(a response to my earlier post)

Earlier today I posted a video on my blog about woman, who appears to have some mental problems being picked on by at least a couple of people . You can watch it here.  (Warning ,it is not an easy to watch video). I wanted to get some feedback on what people would have done if they had witnessed this live.

I think that it is easy to say that we would have jumped in and defended this woman against these young men who were tormenting her, but we are watching the news report from behind our computer screen (or what ever device you may be using) . Use your imagination and pretend that you were walking through the shopping plaza and you saw these young men getting violent with this woman, would you really step in or would you do something else?

This has been on my mind all day, I would love to say I would have jumped in and defended this woman and be the hero. However, I am not sure I would do that. I would definitely call the police and I am pretty sure I would yell something to the young men warning them to stop , but I don't think I would physically get in the way of the event that is unfolding in front of me.

This may be the coward's way out, but I am trying to be truthful here. I guess I would never know what I would do unless I was put into that situation. I can only guess what I would do, and if I am truly honest with myself this is what I would do.

I know several of you who read this would definitely jump in and protect this woman, some of you would do what I would have done and maybe some of you would continue to walk on by and not do anything. None of us really know what we would do unless we are faced with something like this.

Wouldn't it be a great place if we never had to worry about this because we all treated each other with respect no matter what our differences are?

No comments:

Post a Comment