Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Thoughts on Art Modell's Passing

I heard the news this morning of former Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell passing and I have to admit this bothered me a little bit and I am not sure the reasons why, for this is the man that ripped my heart out when he moved the football team out of Cleveland formerly known as the Browns and relocated them to Baltimore and named them the Ravens. If you knew me at the time, you knew how upset that that made me, being a die hard Browns fan. However, the reaction to Modell's death hit me a lot harder than I would have thought.

I never wished him bodily harm like many other Browns fans, I only wished that his team would have failure and that I could laugh at him and the Ravens fans for the rest of my life as my Browns( after they returned in 1999) would rack up many championships and Modell's Ravens would be the laughing stock of the NFL

Just in case you have not paid attention, my wish has not come true...

Today, it struck me that he was a man , who made some people really angry , but he was also a man that was a father, a son, a friend and so on. People cared about this man whom I have listed on several polls as the most hated man in Cleveland sports. (Yes even above LeBron James). He has even brought me happiness for a good part of my life as well and I am thankful for that.

So what I am trying to say that even though I can not forget what he did , I do wish that Art Modell rests in Peace .

No comments:

Post a Comment