Thursday, December 6, 2012

Empty Chair

I thought I was doing fine until my Mom sent me a Christmas card.


"Around the Christmas table there is an empty chair this year
And yet our hearts are hopeful,
though the season' bittersweet,
Because we know the one we love
has filled another seat

For another banquet table
abounds with joy and love 
For those who've made the journey
to be with our Lord above

This season,may you celebrate
the faith that is the heart of Christmas
the hope that lies ahead in heaven,
and the love of those we hold in our arms
and in our memories"

Christmas has always been my favorite time of year and the memories and traditions of the past are ones that I will cherish. It saddens and excites me that we will be starting new traditions this year because of the lost of my father. 

But what I really want for Christmas I can't put on my Amazon wish list, I can't circle in a catalog.... I just want to hug my Dad one more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment