Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Slingshot

Every year since 2010 I have started training for some big race during the dead of winter. I always feel the same at this time of year. I feel slow, I feel  held back and I start to get depressed and wonder why I lace up my shoes and get out there and put my body through it , when I could be on the couch in my warm house watching a movie, or reading a book or playing chess online.

Another reason I love running in the snow, scenes like this
I look at it this way, I have to endure the cold, the snow,slush, wind and plain crap that this area of the world throws at you this time of year because when the weather changes, gets warmer and the crap goes away.....

I can fly

I have decided to liken this time of year to someone pulling back on a slingshot and when the weather gets more to my liking ,is when I release the weapon and I come flying out. Once the weather breaks my times get faster, my energy level gets higher and then I realize why I train outside in the bad weather.

As I get older it will become inevitable that I will break down and get a treadmill because I am sure this running in the cold is doing some sort of damage long term to my body. But for know I will press on , for now it is about achieving my goals and living my dream .

No comments:

Post a Comment