Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The First Page, 2013 Resolutions

This was posted on a friends Facebook page , I love this!
Today is January 1st , the first day of 2013. Every New Year's Day brings forth hope to many that they can change their life around. What better day to do it than the first day of the year right? Here are a few of mine, but first before we move forward, we need to take a look back.


  • 2012 was a year of changes. I won't go into many details, but it seemed as if someone kicked me down  and every time I got back up , I felt the boot kicking me down once again. There were many lessons to be learned from last year, and by the end of the year, I was still being kicked, but this time I did not go down.These are the lessons learned that I will try to carry into the next year. 
  • I have also learned to rely on the strength of the people that are around me, my family and my friends. I needed you all more than ever and you came through. 
  • My mother is one strong woman! I knew that already, but it was reaffirmed.
  • I was reminded everyday how important my marriage to my wife is to me. God gave me the greatest gift when He brought her into my life . 
Now for what I need to work on in no particular order :

  • Pick my guitar back up. It seems that my life over the past few years has made a movement back to things I did when I was in high school and college , music and performing was a big part of me then, and I believe will be a part of my future as well.
  • Finish my upstairs bathroom. It can no longer be my personal bathroom. My son has shown that he has the same talents as I have . We need two bathrooms. 
  • Help others. Many people helped out this year when my Dad passed, the best way to honor his memory and to repay others is to help those in needs.
  • Qualify for the Boston Marathon. I need to run 3 hours and 15 minutes at Buffalo or Erie to do it. ( I did state that in an earlier post that I would run The Wineglass Marathon , but it conflicts with another race that I need to run) 
  • Continue trying to better myself. Need to continue to do whatever it takes to be a better Father, husband, son, brother and friend


That is it, I look forward to a new year of scanning my head and sharing it with you! Happy New Year!



3 comments: