Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Today Is For Honoring Our Veterans....Not Politics

My father Omie Wilson who served 20 years
 in the United States Air force
I enjoy watching the talking heads on Sunday mornings. These are the people who come on the political shows that are on the networks every Sunday morning like Meet the Press. This week I have decided not to listen  because today , being Veteran's Day it is a day that we should put out political differences aside and come together as one country and honor our Veterans.

However if I were to turn on Fox,I am sure I would here all sorts of news about Benghazi and the Fiscal Cliff and if I were to turn on NBC I would here about why Romney lost and how the Republican's are not willing to work with our President. In my mind this is not what today is about. We just had that our opportunity to express our opinions by voting last Tuesday.  Voting is a freedom that we enjoy because of people who have offered to and have laid down their lives to protect that freedom .

So today I will focus on honoring those who fought to give us and those who fought to protect our freedoms, including freedom of speech. They did so regardless what religion they were or what their political affiliation is. They did it because they believe that The United States of America is the greatest country in the world and they believe that protecting it is worth giving their life for.

God bless all who served and continue to serve the greatest country on Earth  .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment